- Current or former foster youth or unaccompanied youth
- Qualify for “independent status” under federal financial aid guidelines.
- Admitted or enrolled at Fresno State
- No more than 75 units at the time of enrollment into the program
- Current students must have a 2.0 GPA
- Priority Registration
- Priority Campus Housing
- Summer transition program
- Academic advising and monitoring
- Financial assistance
- Career and graduate school preparation
- Leadership Opportunities
- Holidays Celebrations
- Alumni gathering
- End of the Year student Recognition Ceremony
Renaissance Scholars Program is the academic retention program supporting incoming freshman, transfer, and continuing undergraduate students who experienced foster care, unaccompanied homeless youth and other independent youth certified by the Financial Aid Office. We are committed to students’ success from college entry through graduation. Renaissance Scholars Program creates a warm environment where students’ belong and can thrive!
The purpose of the program is to provide these students with resources, support, and a nurturing educational environment that fosters growth and the ability to obtain a college degree. Renaissance Scholars have access to a wide-range of services to help meet their academic, personal, and financial needs throughout their university experience.