General Education Development Test
- Equivalent to a High School Diploma for community college/ vocational admission and to receive financial aid. Check with the Military if they will accept a GED.
- Must be 18 years of age to be eligible to take the GED
- Take GED at your local Adult School:
- Fresno Adult School: 559.457.6000
- Clovis Adult Education: 559.327.2800
- There is a fee to take the GED
California High School Proficiency Exam
- Equal by law to a California High School Diploma for community college/vocational admission, to receive financial aid, and to be allowed to work. Check with Military if they will accept the CHSPE.
- CHSPE is given in English only
- Must be at least 16 years of age to be eligible to take the CHSPE
- Must register for the CHSPE online at: www.chspe.net/registration
High School Equivalency Test
- California-approved high school equivalency test for residents of California or member of armed forces assigned to California whom are:
- 18 years of age or older or within 60 days of 18th birthday, or
- 17 years of age and out of school for at least 60 consecutive days (may not be currently enrolled in school), or
- You are at least 17 years of age, have accumulated fewer than 100 high school units and do not have a realistic chance to complete high school diploma
- Note: If you pass the HiSET exam at age 17, you will not receive the equivalency certificate until 18th birthday.
Testing Assessing Secondary Completion
- A high school equivalency test
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Available in English and Spanish
- Available in two testing formats: online or paper
- Not currently enrolled and not graduated from high school