McKinney-Vento Homeless Youth & Unaccompanied Homeless Youth
Homeless Youth: Individuals who lack fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
Unaccompanied Homeless Youth: A youth who lacks fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime resident, and resides with someone who is not a parent or court-appointed legal guardian.
School of Origin through duration of homelessness including feeder schools
- Immediate Enrollment without records
- Equal access to education and other services, including preschool, extracurricular activities, and other programs eligible for, to meet the same challenging State academic standards to which all students are held
- School District Educational Liaison
- Dispute Process & Resolution
- Access to School Records and Privacy under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Transportation provided by the district to school of origin, if needed